Conserv Pty Ltd, trading as Arid Zone are the official merchandise partner, and therefor act on behalf of Breast Cancer Network Australia
Through our varied operations, we gather information for a variety of reasons, for example to enable us to improve the nature of the services we provide and to facilitate the running of various competitions.
We are committed to the protection of your PI and meeting the standards set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) ("the Act") and the National Privacy Principles ("NPPs"). This policy sets out how we handle your PI and the rights and obligations that we both have in relation to that information.
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
1.1 Why We Collect Personal Information
Generally we collect your PI to provide you with products and services and to administer our relationship with you. We also collect PI for marketing purposes and to provide you with information about special events, products and services (both our own and those of other companies) that may be of interest to you.
1.2 How We Collect Personal Information
We primarily collect PI directly from you through written, electronic and/or verbal means of communication when you interact with us for example when:
(a) you send us an email
(b) submit a general query or place an order for BCNA merchandise on our website
(c) call us to place an order for BCNA merchandise
2. USE AND DISCLOSURE
Your personal information may be used for a number purposes including but not limited to the following purposes :
(a) to provide you with our products or services;
(b) to administer our relationship with you;
(c) to process orders and/or donations;
(d) to respond to comments or queries;
(e) to facilitate the running of and your participation in promotions and other competitions;
(f) to facilitate the running of and your participation in loyalty programs;
(g) to monitor activity on our websites, for the purpose of maintaining the security of those websites;
(h) to compile databases to enable us to market goods and services more accurately;
(i) for internal administrative purposes, such as procedural assessments, risk management, staff training, accounting, billing, product and service reviews; and
(j) to identify and inform you about other products or services that may be of interest to you.
If you do not wish to receive marketing or other communications from us, please contact us on the details below so that we can update your preferences.
If you provide us with your mobile telephone number, email address, Skype address or other such personal information, you authorise us to send you promotional messages related to our products and services and the products and services that we promote.
We may provide PI to:
(a) third parties engaged by us to provide functions on our behalf such as processing credit card information, mailouts, debt collection, marketing research and advertising; and
(b) third parties authorised by you to receive PI held by us.
We may also disclose PI to unrelated third parties (for example, our professional advisers and government authorities or agencies) where that disclosure is reasonably required to obtain advice, prepare legal proceedings, investigate suspected improper conduct or wrong doing, to assist a lawful authority in the discharge of its duties and/or by law.
Where we hold promotions in conjunction with other companies, we will offer you the opportunity to be contacted by our promotions partner. We will not provide your PI to the promotions partner unless you have opted in to having such PI passed on.
To better protect your privacy, we impose strict requirements of security and confidentiality on all third parties as to how they handle your PI. Notwithstanding this, we cannot be held responsible for any misuse or unauthorised disclosure of your PI by these third parties.
3. WEBSITE If someone visits www.bcnashop.org.au or www.bcnashop.com.au (the “Websites”) to read, browse or download information, our system may record information such as the date and time of their visit to the Websites, the pages accessed and any information downloaded. This information is used for statistical, reporting and website administration and maintenance purposes only.
Like many websites, the Websites may use “cookies” from time to time. Cookies are small text files that the Websites transfer to a user’s hard drive through their web browser to enable the Websites' systems to recognise the user’s browser. Cookies may also be used to record non-personal information such as the date, time or duration of a user’s visit, or the pages accessed, for website administration, statistical and maintenance purposes. The default settings of browsers like Internet Explorer always allow cookies, but users can easily erase cookies from their hard-drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please note that some parts of the Websites may not function fully for users that disallow cookies.
When we send emails or other electronic messages, we may record where recipients open the message and click on particular links. This helps us to better understand what information is of interest to those recipients.
The Websites may contains links to other sites. Arid Zone is not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of those sites.
4. DATA QUALITY We take reasonable steps to ensure that the PI we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If your PI is incorrect or changes, please contact us via email or the number below so that we can update your PI and continue providing you with our services.
5. DATA SECURITY Your PI is stored in a number of secure computer storage facilities and paper based files, and in other records. We have taken precautions to ensure that your PI is protected from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Once we no longer need your PI, we take reasonable steps to de-identify your PI.
6. OPENNESS If you have any questions whatsoever on our handling of your PI or the kind of PI we hold about you please contact us on the details below and we will endeavour to assist you with your request.
7. ACCESS AND CORRECTION You generally have the right to access your personal information and we will provide you with a copy of any personal information we hold on request. The NPPs set out some circumstances in which we are not required to provide you such access and if you ask for your PI and any of these circumstances apply, we will, if reasonable, agree with you on an intermediary which would allow sufficient access to your PI to meet your needs.
We may charge a fee for retrieving PI, in which case we will inform you of the fee in advance of providing the information.
8. IDENTIFIERS As required by the NPPs, we do not collect or use Commonwealth government identifiers when interacting with you.
9. ANONIMITY Where practical, you may deal with us on an anonymous basis however, because of the services we provide, if you do not provide us with your PI we may not be able to provide you with the requested product or service (for example, if we require your details in connection with a competition we are running, we cannot provide you with a prize should you be a prize winner and we cannot contact you).
10. SENSITIVE INFORMATION Sensitive information includes information about your race or ethnic origins, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or details of health, disability or sexual activity or orientation. We rarely ask for sensitive information, but may do so occasionally as part of competition, promotion or survey, for example. We will not require you to provide sensitive information unless:
(a) you have consented; or
(b) the collection of the information is specifically authorised or required by law.
11. PUBLICATION OF THIS POLICY Arid Zone will publish this policy on our Website and will make copies available by request.
12. POLICY UPDATE Arid Zone’s Privacy Officer is responsible for monitoring changes in privacy legislation and for reviewing this policy.
30 Thistlethwaite Street
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
14. FURTHER INFORMATION For information about privacy generally, or for individuals whose have further privacy concerns not resolved to their satisfaction, the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner can be contacted on 1300 363 992 or via http://www.oaic.gov.au.
Last updated February 2015